Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Kong's wall

Hello adventurers. One of the features that stood out for me when watching King kong were the huge doors built to keep him contained. So, while I've been waiting for my pulp figures to arrive I've been busy making up my very own version. I decided to go for the look of the original because it feels a bit more pulpy.

I have built my version out of some old boxes. I used hole filler to cover the boxes in order to try and not have the corrugated look. I also wanted to make sure the masking tape was not visible after painting. Was a bit of work but I hope it will be worth it. I will look to invest in some foam for future terrain projects. Here are the walls as they stand unpainted.


Finaly. I cut out some card to add relief to the flat areas. Even got my kids to draw up some designs which turned out really cool. Pretty happy with it so far. Now, where is that tin of paint...

No comments:

Post a Comment